Tuesday 28 July 2015

Negativity on the internet.

People on the internet have lots of opinions. People outside of the internet have lots of opinions too.
Opinions are often shared a lot on the internet. These opinions can be positive and uplifting, but unfortunately sometimes they can be mean and upset others.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of opinions and I think discussions are great! However, I think it's wrong when people use social media to target others because of their opinions. Just like everybody says "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I recently watched Gabby's (VelvetGh0st) video about honesty and I'd like to talk about it today.
This video really put into perspective how negativity and hate on the internet can emotionally impact somebody and their life.
She talked about how she has been affected by people sending her hate on social media.   She explained in the video how she felt upset and how the hate had stopped her from being herself.

I think it was incredibly brave of Gabby to upload her video onto YouTube. Although the video is rather long, I really do encourage you to watch it - if you're familiar with her or not.
Her video is a reminder that although she has thousands of subscribers, she's a real person. Also just because you're commenting via a URL, it doesn't mean that it doesn't affect somebody IRL.

If you're going to take anything from this blog post, please let it be this.
Use your social media to spread positivity, not negativity.



Peace out girl scouts,

Fran
☺♥

Gabby's video-




No comments:

Post a Comment