Tuesday 20 January 2015

"We are like Young Volcanoes" - A little catch-up and a couple of canvases.

Hello hello hello!

I've had a pretty busy couple of weeks, in which I had my first exams (AHHH!) 
So I've spent most of my time trying to revise and attempting to cram information into my mind, so I was prepared(ish). Thank you to those of you who wished me luck! 
The exams went well, but I'm able to re-sit if I'm not happy with my grade. 
It was really strange to see how people reacted to the thought of an exam. Throughout the week, people would just be asking everybody "Have you revised?" on repeat.

People were so stressed about them, it was unbelievable. I just wanted to give everybody a hug to re-assure them that they were going to be okay! I found that having a dance to Beyoncé made everything better. 
If you have any exams coming up, don't worry, just revise and try your best. 
I know you're gonna do great! 

I re-discovered these pictures of some canvases I painted a while back & thought I should share them with you ☺
I love painting canvases, because I always find it really relaxing. I love choosing what colours to use, and what the characters are going to look like. I like to paint canvases for people when they're upset or ill, because I find it cheers them up a bit.

These are a pair of Canvases that I painted for my friend when she was going through a tough time.
They're both on display in her bedroom & that puts a smile on my face.

"I think a lot, but I don't say much." - Anne Frank
I was so happy with this canvas, the hair was inspired by Hayley Williams (Paramore) in the 'Riot!' days.

"We are like young volcanoes" - Fall Out Boy (Young Volcanoes)
This canvas is a portrait of my friend. I struggle to draw eyes, so I decided to draw her with her eyes shut.

"Weird is awesome!!!" (I realized after I had written this that I spelt weird wrong...)
I painted this canvas for my buddy Alice (I call her 'Little Fran')
How do you cope with Exams? Let me know in the comments ☺

I hope you all have a fantastic week, 
See you all soon,
Fran ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment