Sunday 14 December 2014

Skull Sketches - Mexican Day of the Dead Inspired

I love the ideas surrounding 'Day of the Dead'. It's a Mexican celebration in which people remember family and friends who have passed away. Instead of being a miserable and mournful festival, it's bright and colourful! 
I love the candy skull patterns, they are so beautiful yet very simplistic.
In art class, we are studying the culture, so I thought I would post my drawings.

A Candy Skull-
Made using acrylic paints and black pen.
                      I love the candy skull patterns, they are so beautiful yet very simplistic.

Skull Sketch-
Made using a 3B pencil.

   I am really happy with this sketch. I love how the flowers sit in the eye-sockets of the skull.

What do you think of my sketches? Do you like the candy skull patterns too?
Leave your opinions in the comments below...


No comments:

Post a Comment