Tuesday 16 September 2014

"Smells like Teen Spirit"

A while back, I decided to paint a canvas for an art project I was doing at the time.
I've been meaning to post it for a while now, but I realised I would have to write an amazingly detailed post to put alongside it! 
But here it is...

"Smells like Teen Spirit"


1. I decided to put green hair on this character and I gave her a pizza collar, because who doesn't love pizza?
2. I put Lady Rainicorn on the bottom of the canvas, because I love love LOVE Adventure Time!
3. I used Nirvana lyrics as a caption, because I included all my favourite things on this canvas.
4. This cloud was inspired by 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green, a lovely, tear-worthy book.
5. Fall Out Boy are an awesome band and I decided to include them because I have great memories of singing along to their songs with my friends!
6. I used a garden background, because it was simple but colourful.
7. This cloud is inspired by Paramore's album 'Riot'. The artwork is so gorgeous and so are the songs.
8. This cloud is inspired by Pierce the Veil's album 'Collide with the Sky'. I enjoy listening to this album, so that's why I included it in my canvas.

So, I hope you enjoyed this post...
Words cannot express how proud I am of this canvas, it took me a whole weekend to complete!

Do you like my canvas? What are your favourite things?
Let me know in the comments below ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment